Tuesday, January 24, 2012

RIP Peanut 2008-2011

So for those of you that don't know I lost my little dog Peanut at the end of last year. It was a shock because I thought she was generally healthy, but she had fallen ill the last few months of her life and somehow got pneumonia. She ended up ceasing on the table at the vet, and I found this out when I was pretty sick with a cold. I had just flew home from a trip to NYC to see my cousin & his family. It's a strange parallel to my Dad's passing as I was pretty physically sick then too.

Peanut was a Schnauzer & Daschund mixed together. I really miss her and her energy. She was a furry little spark plug and always was happy to see you. Her whole body would wag in happiness. Perhaps her being happy and full of love all the time was why she left this world so quickly. She had already learned all the lessons she needed to & continued to love unconditionally. If only we could all do that.

I've now been very blessed to foster a couple of schnauzers for my BFF & they have been such a wonderful addition to this house and the healing process. It's so interesting to see how my first dog Star has been with them around too. She seems more perky again & back to acting way under her age. Life is short and I'm thankful to have been able to spend the few years with Peanut that I did. I will always remember her and her mannerisms. Peanut wherever she is now is just pure love.

No comments:

Post a Comment